Conference and demonstration supporting peace and independence – Canberra, APRIL 21-25th 2014
• Australia’s involvement in foreign wars and drone murders
• Foreign troops and/or bases on Australian Soil
• Expensive arms purchases
• The US alliance
Be part of IPAN’s campaigns promoting Peace and an Independent foreign policy for Australia.
An extended gathering of peace activist and peace makers to reflect on the state of peace in our times, to build movement and to plan and take action for peace in this time of militarism, government lies and preparations for war.
Events will include:
- the first national meeting of IPAN on 21 April. Likely at a Canberra venue.
- a one day conference hosted by IPAN on 22 April covering such themes as militarism and sustainability, the cost of the US alliance, the Asian Pivot and US bases. download the Conference Brochure here.
- movement response to the Gallipoli centenary 2015.
- a three day, open forum retreat at Silver Wattle
- a direct action together likely on morning of 24 April
- participation in the Anzac eve Peace Vigil at the Australian War Memorial 24 Apr
- participation in the “Lest We Forget” the Frontier Killings Anzac Day March at the Australian War Memorial.
Tent camping permitted near the Aboriginal Tent embassy Silver Wattle Quaker Centre as a residential base for those who want and can afford it: